Municipalities face unique risks every day including exposures to claims of civil rights violations, educator's liability, employee benefits, defective roadways/maintenance, environmental claims, automobile liability and cyber risks. Municipal insurance coverage issues, associated with such risks, arise in a variety of contexts such as:
Contractual liability and risk transfer
- Insurance procurement required of municipal contractors and vendors
- Self-insured groups
- Application of deductibles/Self-Insured Retention
- Third-party administrator benefits/claims adjustment protocols
- Additional insured claim denials
- Priority of insurance coverage (horizontal vs. vertical exhaustion)
SDV and its municipal coverage practice group have experience handling and successfully resolving these complex issues on behalf of municipalities. We understands public entities and can provide intelligent and timely solutions and creative counsel in risk mitigation, insurance procurement and overall claim management.
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.