Robert J. Chomiak, Jr. is a highly experienced litigation attorney whose national practice is dedicated to advising and advocating on behalf of policyholder clients in many industries, including manufacturers, contractors, corporations, trucking companies, and municipalities, among others. His decades-long experience of successfully litigating complex and high-exposure claims allows him to advise policyholders who can rely on him for practical advice and solutions to a wide range of issues.
Prior to joining SDV as an insurance coverage attorney, Robert focused his practice on product liability, trucking law, premises liability, and other complex torts. Rob’s product liability experience spans pharmaceuticals, automotive parts, furniture, consumer products, industrial machinery, and more.
Robert is an active member in state and local bar associations.
- Connecticut and New Haven Bar Associations
- Connecticut Defense Lawyers Association- President 2014-2015, Chairman of the Board 2015, Executive Board 2009-2018, Member 2006-Present
- New Haven Legal Assistance-Board of Directors- 2010
- Connecticut Judicial Branch-Civil Commission-2014-2015
- Defense Research Institute-Member 2007-Present, Connecticut State Representative 2014-2017
- Motor Transport Association of Connecticut-2018-Present
- Transportation Lawyers Association-2018-Present
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers 2019-2022
- Best Lawyers in America, Personal Injury Litigation-Defendants, Lawyer of the Year (Hartford)-2021, 2022
- Best Lawyers in America, Personal Injury Litigation-Defendants-2018-2023
- Best Lawyers in America, Product Liability Litigation-Defendants-2018-2023
- Martindale Hubbell-Notable, Peer Rated for High Ethical Standards-2017-2023
- DRI-Outstanding State Representative Award Recipient-2018
- DRI Kevin Driskill Award Recipient-2018