As business becomes an increasingly global affair, SDV’s growing international insurance consultation practice is prepared to advise its clients on the intricacies of insuring foreign risks. SDV is attuned to the issues and concerns of businesses operating overseas and the unique insurance laws of countries throughout the world.
SDV has a burgeoning international reach – whether your business involves purchasing coverage from multinational insurance groups or pursuing construction projects in foreign countries, we are here to help. If you have already experienced an insurance loss in a foreign country, or a loss that may involve interpretation of foreign insurance law, SDV can also assist in evaluating coverage and pursuing a risk transfer strategy suited to your unique issue.
SDV has experience in providing coverage analyses for international risks under the following types of insurance policies:
- Builders Risk
- Commercial General Liability
- Contractors Professional Liability
- Environmental and Contractors Pollution Liability
- Marine Hull and Marine Open Cargo
- Professional Indemnity
- Protection and Indemnity
Our relevant international experience includes the following:
- Analysis of coverage under insurance policies governed by foreign laws
- Negotiation of a settlement between an insured and insurer in conjunction with a scheme of arrangement
- Pursuit of builders risk coverage for damages sustained at a natural gas project in a foreign country
- Litigation of products liability coverage issued by an Italian insurer to a U.S.-based subsidiary of an Italian parent corporation
- Evaluation of coverage for losses sustained during an international shipment of garments
- Assessment of liability for property damage at a Brazilian facility
- Review of policies to determine whether a foreign corporation qualifies as an insured with respect to a project being conducted in Mexico
- Evaluation of coverage for design-related issues on a project under Canadian professional liability policy
- Review of foreign insurance-specific contract provisions and advice on recommended language changes to ensure proper interpretation by U.S. courts
- International depositions
- Presentations at international conferences.
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.